This opportunity requires independent internet research of a local organization addressing an issue relevant to class.
- Choose a topic that we have discussed this semester, or that we will be discussing in the coming weeks.
- Find a local non-profit organization or initiative that is addressing that issue in an innovative way.
- Type up 400-700 word summary (see below)
Identify the issue you chose, the name of the organization/initiative you chose; a link to the organization’s website. & answer the following in 1-2 sentences each:
- How is the organization/initiative addressing the issue you chose?
- What do you find innovative, useful, exciting and/or helpful in how they are addressing that issue?
- Could this effort be applied to some other form of inequality that we have discussed in class? If so, how?
This opportunity is worth up to 3 pts. If you want to earn all 3 points for your summary, complete the following instructions:
- You must post your response to the blog by Friday December. 16, 2016.
- You must select two categories before publishing the post: 1) “Extra Credit” 2) “Issue-based Local Organization”.
- You must include 3 tags for your post.